Nicotine - The Forgotten Addiction (3 hours)
This 3 hour course by Ken Osean will help you to investigate nicotine addiction and its history. He will explore and identify for you the current thinking related to treatment approaches that can be successfully used to treat this growing addiction concern.
By participating in this Distance Learning Course the trainee will:
- Examine the challenge in treating nicotine dependence.
- Identify the various health issues related to nicotine addiction.
- Explore the current, state-of-the-art treatment options available for recovery programming.
- Develop plans for helping clients quit smoking.
- Learn about the problems of craving and triggers.
- Work with and review exercises to help clients quit; become aware of the use of a 12 Step Model for nicotine addiction.
- Identify the lifestyle changes needed for successful recovery.
- Create methods to help clients stay quit and avoid relapse.
- Create a forum to discuss practical application and special issues related to nicotine addiction through the use of internet technologies.
Ken Osean LCDC, CEAP, is a Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor and Certified Employee Assistance Professional in private practice in Dallas, Texas. With two degrees in Leadership and Learning Theory from North Texas State University and Rutgers University, Ken brings over 25 years of experience in teaching, training, and consultation to the Distance Learning Center.
Internet Format - Coursework that is available immediately via a downloadable PDF file (a popular online format that requires you to have the Adobe Reader program, or one similar, installed on your computer). Many websites already use this very user friendly file format, so chances are you already have a PDF reader installed on your computer. This format allows faster downloading, easier reading, and easier printing. All course materials will be included, as will the link to the post-test required for course completion. Access and downloading information will be immediately sent to the email address you provide at checkout. There is no additional charge for this format.
USB Flash Drive Format - Different computers, processors, ISP's, and software make it sometimes difficult or time-consuming to capture materials provided via the Internet. As a result, we've added the Flash Drive format to our list of options. With this format we will send you a Flash Drive by Priority Mail that can be used on any computer, laptop, tablet with a USB port. The drive will include a PDF copy of the course or courses ordered along with the test link needed to complete your course using our online test system. This option will include additional per course costs for materials/shipping/handling.
Hard Copy Format - Coursework that is delivered to you by Priority Mail in book form. All course materials will be included, as will the post-test required for course completion. For immediate results and faster certificate processing an email containing instructions on how to access your post-test online will be sent to the email address provided at checkout. Should you not want to submit the test yourself, a mail/fax form is also included that will allow you to mail or fax your test responses to us for processing. Hard copy courses will include additional per course costs for materials/shipping/handling.